Please remember to bring your lock with you otherwise, this is what happens....
- Please check that your bike is road worthy before joining the group and it's well worth having your biked checked or serviced by a professional. A couple of local cycle shops who could help are: Hargroves, 30b Southgate, Chichester. Tel: 01243 537337 or City Cycles, 44 Bognor Road, Chichester. Tel: 01243 539992
- Tyres - they need to be pumped up and suggest you carry a pump with you.
- Gears - check they are working properly and oiled.
- Lock - please carry one with you on all our rides as we stop off at a Cafe halfway into the ride.
- Mudguards - we would suggest you have a rear mudguard installed, at least.
- Seat - make sure that it is in a comfortable position and at the right height.
- Lights - make sure they are working, front and back.
- It's a good idea to carry a spare inner tube and repair kit, just in case.
- Ladies are welcome to join the rides with or without a helmet.
- Always a good idea to carry a waterproof all year round as you never know when the weather might change.
- We suggest you always carry a bottle of water on a ride and a cereal bar or similar.
- Depending on the ride, we plan to stop off at a cycle friendly cafe. If this isn't possible then we will let you know so you can bring some sandwiches/flask of tea with you as we will stop at a convenient location.
- It's well worth investigating various insurance schemes as accidents do occasionally happen. I would recommend becoming a member of CTC and they have an excellent insurance scheme.